Seven Real Reasons to Buy Organic Food (and we think Farmers’ Markets have the best quality Organic Food - Jack)
• Tastes better and has more flavor.
• No Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) – plantings are banned in most of Europe. (GMO food, unbelievably, isn't labelled as such in the U.S.)
• Isn't sprayed or treated with toxic chemicals, antibiotics or growth hormones.
• Much better for the environment - no contamination of rivers, lakes, streams, animals, butterflies and humans.
• Keeps the soil healthy rather than destroying it.
• Even rats think it’s better – and they are slimmer, have improved immune systems and sleep better.
Seven Cookbooks that get a lot of use in our Kitchen
• Ballymaloe Bread Book
• Dean & Deluca Cookbook
• Martha Stewart Living Cookbook (& Baking)
• D’Artganan’s Glorious Game
• Chez Panisse Vegetables
Seven Ingredients you never want to find in a food you’re about to Eat
• High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)
• Partially Hydrogenated Oils (PHOs)
• Artificial sugars
• Pesticide residue
• Growth hormones
• Ingredients banned in foreign countries (but not in the USA)
• Ingredients you don’t find in a good cookbook
Seven Favorite Antique Apple Varieties Slow Food USA's Ark on Heritage Apples
• Gravenstein (Red or Green)
• American Pippin
• Golden Russet
• Northern Spy
• Black Twig
• Arkansas Black
Seven Notable American Heritage Turkeys
• Bourbon Red
• American Bronze
• Spanish Black
• Jersey Buff
• Royal Palm